Important Information Regarding Zoo Camps and COVID-19
We have been closely monitoring the COVID-19 situation along with federal, state, and local guidance to safely and effectively operate our education programs.
We will continue to take precautionary measures to help protect the children in our care, their families, our staff and animals.
At the time of this update, we are planning to operate a summer camp program for ages 5-7, 8-11, and 12-14, with procedures informed by the CDC Guidance for Operating Youth and Summer Camps During COVID-19. Some of our plans and protocol include:
- Social distancing of 3' between children during classroom activities
- Masks will be worn by both staff and campers during indoor activities and additionally during outdoor activities only when social distancing is not feasible
- Many activities will be conducted in outdoor learning spaces, weather-permitting
- Handwashing and hand-sanitizing routines will be used frequently
- Enhanced classroom cleaning routines and separation of handled supplies
- Car line drop-off and pick-up with temperature check upon arrival will continue for 2022
- Children with a temperature of 100.4F or above, or exhibiting symptoms of COVID-19 will not be permitted to stay at camp
Please understand that we will continue to adapt these plans as necessary to adhere to guidance from the CDC, ISDH, and TCHD. We will continue to provide updates to registered families via email. If you are not registered for camp, but interested in attending, please contact the Zoo Education Department for registration info.
Contact the Zoo Education Department with questions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Discover your WILD side at Zoo Camps! Each Zoo Camp is a stand-alone session, based on a popular nature-based theme. Camps are educational, encouraging active learning through games, crafts, age-appropriate science explorations, and hands-on encounters with a variety of live Animal Ambassadors. Rich in STEM-based activities, these camps engage the natural curiosity in a child and allow ample opportunity to practice critical emerging science skills. Learning has never been so much fun!
Your camp fee includes all materials and supplies, a daily snack, workbook, and a photo keepsake. An optional Extended Care service is available for select camps for a small additional fee.
A typical day at Zoo Camp includes several encounters with our education Animal Ambassadors. Children are encouraged, but never required, to touch animals whenever it is safe and appropriate.