The extinguishing system shall be maintained in accordance with the manufacturer's requirements, the Indiana Fire Code and NFPA 17A; including the following:
- Extinguishing systems shall be serviced at least every 6 months or after activation of the system.
- Maintenance shall be conducted in accordance with the manufacturer's listed installation and maintenance manual. Inspection shall be by qualified individuals, and a certificate of inspection shall be forwarded to the fire code official upon completion.
- Records of all system inspections, tests and maintenance required by the referenced standards shall be maintained on the premises for a minimum of 3 years and shall be copied to the fire code official upon request.
- The hood ventilation system shall be operated at the required rate of air movement, and approved grease filters shall be in place when cooking equipment under a kitchen hood is operated.
- Hoods, grease-removal devices, fans, ducts, and other appurtenances shall be periodically cleaned to prevent grease accumulation.
- Cleanings shall be recorded and records shall state the extent, time, and date of cleaning and the date of the next scheduled cleaning.
- Such records shall be maintained on the premises.