Columbian Park Zoo is excited to announce a brand new line-up of family and youth programs beginning January 2017!
Our long-running Bedtime Zoo Stories, Little Cub Club, and Young EDventurers programs are retiring, but we've taken all the best loved parts and used them as the foundation for a new generation of education programs!
New Programs for 2017
Wild Beginning Series: Toddler and Preschool Classes
Help your child get off to a wild start with one of our early childhood education programs.
- Two at the Zoo (for 2 year olds plus one caregiver): Classes are drop-in, and include on-your-own exploratory play time featuring educational stations with zoo artifacts (like feathers, shells, puppets, and replicas), crafts, sensory bins, and an animal encounter.
- Zoo Sprouts (for ages 3 - 4 years old): This class gives little learners a chance to explore nature and animals. Children will get to know nature through play experiences, art, songs and stories, early science explorations, and of course - special animal friends!
Learning Adventure Series: School Age Classes
Learning comes to life with these fun and exciting classes, weekend workshops, and programs.
- Critter Classes (for ages 5 - 7 years old): Children will have the opportunity to learn about wildlife, up-close and hands-on. Each class focuses on a different animal group with games, crafts, and STEM activities (Science, Technology, Engineering, Math). Each session includes a live animal encounter.
- Wildlife Workshops (for ages 8 - 11 years old): Children will explore wildlife and nature topics through a variety of engaging activities, including STEM explorations, model-making, behind-the-scenes excursions, and encounters with several live animals each session.
- Discovery Workshops (for ages 12 - 14 years old): Discovery Workshops delve into issues related to zookeeping and wildlife conservation. Through hands-on explorations and discussions with zoo staff, students will discover what animal careers are all about. Each session focuses on a different aspect of working with and around animals.
Family Fun Series: All Ages
- Zoo Pajama Party (for families with children 0 - 5+ years old): Each session includes a sing-a-long and dance session, an encounter with one of the Zoo’s friendliest Animal Ambassadors, a bedtime story and a snack.
- Family Fun Day (for families of all ages): Each Family Fun Day will have a unique format and activity, but all are designed for maximum fun!
For a full list of program dates and fees or to download a registration form, visit our website at http://in-lafayette.civicplus.com/2095/NEW-for-2017-Family-and-Youth-Programs.